Quantcast

Whats On Question

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MizMisse, Sep 24, 2011.

1. MizMisse

MizMisse New Member

I just bought the Sony Google TV and have been enjoying figuring all the functions out. However, when I pull up the "Whats On" menu and find a show I want to watch on a different channel I can not figure out how to select my choice and make the channel change. It usually just closes my "Whats On' screen and takes me back to live TV. I have looked all over for this command and have not found it. Thanks in advance as I am sure I am just missing the obvious :)

Melissa
  2. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

My What's On menu has stopped working a while ago and hasn't worked since. Please let us know if you resolve it, and ir how you resolved it. Thanks..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It should close your What's On screen, take you back to live TV on the correct channel for your selection. What is your TV source, cable STB? Is the Google TV changing the channel when you select channel change with the Google TV remote?

4. eferz

eferz New Member

The first thing you two should check is if the number buttons will change the channel while you're in the Live TV app. If it doesn't then you probably didn't setup your Google TV properly with your Set-Top Box and the wrong IR codes are being sent. If it does sent the expected numbers to your set-top box then you probably have to adjust the timing which the numbers are sent through the IR blasters.

• Logitech: GTV Settings > Input Source > Edit Configured Device > Adjust Delay
    • Sony: GTV Settigns > Video Source > Configured Device > Edit Configured Device > IR blaster Settings > Advance Settings
  5. MizMisse

MizMisse New Member

I use Time Warner Cable HD Cisco Explorer 4642HDC box. I have it set up through HDMI and the IR Blaster works as I can change channels (using my Sony remote) with the channel + - button as well as just about every other function I use with my cable box remote. I just tried to change the IR Blaster delay on multiple settings and I still have the same problem with my Whats On function. Also the box is checked to use enter after the command. Yes I can change the channel with just numbers.

Keep the suggestions coming as this is the last kink with my new TV I have yet to figure out and conquer!

Thank You,
    Melissa
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. eferz

eferz New Member

The Advance IR Blaster settings on the Sony Internet TV has three settings which are all related: Zero Padding, Key Interval, and Send an "Enter" command. You will need to tune in these values so that the fourth option, "Test" will work since the "Whats On" widget and the "GTV Search" results depend on these settings to change the appropriate channel.

For my Sony Internet TV and the old Time Warner Explorer 4240HDC, I had the Zero Padding set to four digits, 250msec for the Key Interval, and unchecked "Enter". If that doesn't also work for you then you'll need to describe how the automated input for the channel change looks like while you go through the test screen.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MizMisse

MizMisse New Member

I tried your old settings and no change. The test screen shows channel 1 which is a time warner info channel and matches the description for 0001 from the test screen. After I accept yes it tunes it to channel 1000 which is a ictrl channel but the test menu says it should be music on demand but lists no number.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. eferz

eferz New Member

Well, it sounds like the functonality of changing the channel is working appropiately. Otherwise, the test wouldn't have been able to change from channel 0001 to channel 1000. Though, it sounds like your channel lineup provider listing might be incorrect. Under GTV Settings > Video Input > Configured devices > Edit channel lineup make sure that you have the correct zip code and line up provider. Also, if you're still having problems, let me know the identifier below "Edit channel lineup" under your configured device.
  9. MizMisse

MizMisse New Member

LOOR001 Local Origination

Not really sure what is going on, the setup was easy, I am good with electronics and following directions, and everything else works like it's supposed to.

I did just notice that after I try to use the Whats On function when it takes me back to Live TV that I am forced to hit the TV button before the remote is able to send commands again. Not sure if that is relevant info or not.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. eferz

eferz New Member

I'm guessing that's what's listed for Channel 1? Are you in New York because the appropriate listing under "Edit channel lineup" for Time Warner there would be something like "NY31###.X"

I dunno maybe. It could also mean that you're disrupting the script from changing the channel.
  11. MizMisse

MizMisse New Member

Disconnected Cable Box from my device list, added it back and put in your old Time warner HD box settings and I got it to work! Thank you for the help, I still am not sure what was wrong but your settings for configured devices made the difference when I reset the settings!
  12. eferz

eferz New Member

Well, at least it works. I'm guessing from your description on the test screen that the zip code and provider listing was either incorrect or the settings were corrupted.