Quantcast

Wireless Headphones for Google TV? Workaround fix?

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by Darren, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

Hello. I am a recent purchaser of Logitech Revue with Google TV and I think it's a great product.

Question: I use nice Sony wireless headphones that connect to my set-top box for use with my HDTV. When I am watching my TV, even when plugged in to Google TV, the wireless headphones work as you'd expect.

However, when I switch over to watch web-based content with Google TV, the headphones do not transmit that sound, they continue to transmit the set-top box sound because that is what they are plugged into (via red/white coaxial cables).

I have not been able to figure out a work around for this. Can anyone tell me how one can use a wireless headset to listen to audio displayed on the television from both the regular cable via set-top box, AND through the video/audio content available from Google TV?

Many thanks.
  2. eferz

eferz New Member

You'd have to plug it into the Revue. If the wireless headphones only have analog audio connectors, then you'll need a digital to analog converter like one of these two:

The difference in price is whether or not you want to support Dolby Digital and/or PCM.

In any case, this is the one I use PX5 Wireless Headset Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and it plugs right into optical audio output.
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Does your HDTV have analog audio output(red/white)? If so you should be able to turn off the TV speakers and use audio out from the display. I think many HDTVs have this feature and can convert audio input by HDMI to analog stereo out.

If not, do you have an AVReceiver to process audio for that display? I have one HDTV with a headphone jack and in another room, a surround sound system and either way, I can connect the wireless headphone transmitter and use wireless headphones. These options assume your wireless headphones can be used with headphone jacks and not just red/white audio output. I can use my Revue and wireless headphones with all three HD displays in my house but my wireless headphone transmitter can be connected to headphone jacks.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  4. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

Hi, have sony wireless headphone too, I just plugged them into the audio jack output on the back of my TV (Sharp Aquos) and now they play everything on my TV regardless to which input I use. When I put the tv on mute it continue to stream the audio via the audio jack output.

Your tv has probably the same kind of audio output option.
  5. lilyren

lilyren New Member

You just need to plug them into the audio jack output on the back of TV.I have apple wireless headphones.Now i just decide to pick up a mobile phone signal jammer from jammerfromchina.com and to use it in my car.