Quantcast

YouTube pairing

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by idic, Aug 7, 2012.

1. idic

idic New Member

I remember seeing a review of a recent YouTube phone app update which added the ability to send videos to the YouTube TV app. I can't find this functionality on the NSZ-GS7's YouTube app. Am I missing something, or is it not supported yet? The instructions say to go to My YouTube section of the app and scroll right and click Pair, but I can find no Pair option there or in the settings.

I know it can be done using Able Remote, but it would be good to be able to do it natively, particularly as it allows for the video to be brought back to the phone/tablet. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks!
  2. chopper

chopper New Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. halox

halox New Member

I don't believe what you're looking for is in the app.

Point the Google TV Chrome browser to:

YouTube - Leanback

You basically scroll down to MY YOUTUBE, then go to the RIGHT. It'll change from SIGN IN to PAIR THIS DEVICE. Then you'll have the ability to pair the device with the app called "YouTube Remote."

If you're not in front of your TV, you can test it out right now with your android phone - install YouTube Remote from the app store onto your phone and go to Leanback on your computer ... once you're logged in, you can control playback on your computer over your phone. Plus, you can bring it back to your phone (exactly where you left off) by changing which screen it should be playing on through the app. It's pretty sweet - 20 minutes into watching something on my computer, I decided to switch back to my Galaxy Nexus screen on the go ... and it worked perfectly.

It's all kind of explained in your other thread:
    http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/5839-youtube-pairing-sony-nsz-gs7.html

Also, in the future, let's not cross post. The people who are able to answer your questions on this forum end up going to the "Active Topics" tab more often than not ... so we'll be able to find you and answer your questions wherever they end up.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  4. chopper

chopper New Member

Thanks Halox, I now understand what the fuss is all about. This is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not have a phone to test this out on as GTV is all I really need. Can someone try out ouTube Remote on GTV?
  5. halox

halox New Member

I'll try it tonight on the GS7.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chopper

chopper New Member

Saw post 5 on the other thread you mentioned. Great stuff!
  7. halox

halox New Member

It works exactly as expected.